Choosing The Right Product
aluminum windows/doors for its many enduring characteristics.
Regardless of temperature or corrosive environs (salt air), aluminum will
last decades longer than most other window products. Smart Building/Extreme Weather, The Energy Code Trap
- Consider thermally broken sliding doors only for extreme cold climates. Thermal Aluminum Twisting
- Choose aluminum if your home is in a fire hazard. Extruded aluminum retains its form at
over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit thereby protecting your home. Wood and vinyl incinerate quickly.
- Make sure the products are factory glazed to enjoy the full warranty. Further, glass deflection is normal and especially noticeable in larger pieces of glass (exceeding 40 sqare feet). Glass flexing does not affect the warranty but concerned customers should discuss stiffer glass options with the authorized dealer, architect or Fleetwood.
- Investigate the glass you desire. For example, the glass specified or recommended may have a hue that is unacceptable. Fleetwood offers glass from PPG, Guardian, Cardinal as well as others.
- Make sure you order "dealer drawings" to insure the correct reveals,
sightlines and wall conditions. This process adds a few weeks to
- Make sure ALL products are being fabricated by the factory to enjoy the full warranty.
- Investigate the hardware you desire as we offer different options. Our brochures and website are rife with information and our dealers will assist you as well.
- Make sure the window or door you want is properly equipped to handle the weather conditions.
- Other helpful documents: Series 3800-T System Vs Storefront, Hinged Door Vs Storefront, "Green"
Conscious, Bi-Fold/Accordian Doors Vs
Sliding Doors, Competitor Comparisons, LEED Points Available.
- Once you have selected your windows/doors then you can concentrate on making
sure you are Choosing The Right Product Finish.